Saturday, October 5, 2013

Baby Steps


It’s day five of the “October Cleanse,” a challenge consisting of at LEAST thirty minutes of yoga each day, and I feel great!  It’s amazing how quickly our bodies adapt and conform to a new routine.
That being said, I have a fairly pathetic confession to disclose.  On my (clearing my throat) second…yes, second day of the yoga cleanse I almost gave into temptation and took the day off.  ON DAY TWO!  It’s as if my inner being was whispering “sweet nothings” in attempt to manipulate my mind, “You deserve to rest, your six month old woke up in the middle of the night.  You’ll do great tomorrow!”  And I did, for a second, think about starting over the next day, but quickly remembered that feeling of regret I’ve had in the past after starting a workout program and letting life, distractions,  and even laziness inhibit any sort of progress.

That second night I did the thirty minutes, and only three days later my entire outlook has changed.  So stay encouraged,and keep going.  As Bob Wiley (my favorite Bill Murray character) might say, “Take baby steps,” and you’ll reach your goal soon enough J.


1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying this challenge..I have had a couple late night workouts but I am doing it and feelin great! thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete